ENT Kent Partnership
We provide specialist diagnosis, medical and surgical treatments for adults and children with Ear, Nose and Throat conditions in our specialist private clinics and Hospitals in Kent, South East England.
Mr James W Fairley
BSc MBBS FRCS MS (Lond)
Consultant ENT Surgeon
- Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist
- Over 30 years clinical experience
- Lifetime Commitment to Clinical Excellence
- Private and NHS Practice
- Established South East England since 1993
- London trained (St Thomas's, Royal National, UCH Middlesex)
- Married to Nightingale Nurse who runs practice
- We treat our patients as we would like our own family treated
What we do
We provide specialist diagnosis, medical and surgical treatments for adults and children with Ear, Nose and Throat conditions. We also provide on-line medical educational material for patients, parents, students and professional colleagues.
Where we are
ENT patients are treated in our specialist clinics and Hospitals in Kent, South East England. Private consultations are held in out-patient clinics at St Saviour's Hospital, Hythe, Chaucer Hospital Canterbury, and William Harvey Hospital Ashford, Kent. We also see and treat private patients in London at The Harley Street ENT Clinic. Appointments, medical records and accounts for our services in Kent are handled through our home office at 71 Mill Court, Ashford, Kent.
Our private clinics
All our private ENT clinics have sound proofed booths for audiology. Hearing tests are conducted by qualified audiometricians to British Standards. We can see adults and children of any age in out-patients. All clinics are equipped with
- flexible fibreoptic naso-laryngoscopy for vocal cord voice examination and early detection of throat cancer
- rigid nasal sinus endoscopes for accurate assessment of blocked nose and sinus problems
- operating microscopes for detailed careful examination and microsuction treatment of the ear.
We can arrange
- CT, MRI and ultrasound scans
- laboratory blood, allergy, microbiology, cytology and pathology tests
- specialist vertigo balance assessment, Epley manoeuvre for BPPV, vestibular physiotherapy, hearing therapy for tinnitus
- independent hearing aid practitioners for digital and bone anchored hearing aids
- domiciliary sleep studies for snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome
- referrals to other accredited hospital consultants and specialists
We operate on adult patients at the Chaucer Hospital, Canterbury including
- Complex middle ear surgery for cholesteatoma and perforated eardrum
- Combined approach laser mastoidectomy and tympanoplasty
- Causse laser stapedotomy with vein graft and teflon loop piston ossiculoplasty for deafness due to otosclerosis
- BAHA osseointegrated titanium auditory implants
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Microlaryngoscopy and biopsies
Operations for children are carried out at the Spencer Wing, William Harvey Hospital, Ashford and at Benenden Hospital, including
- Laser turbinates
- Sinus washouts
- Mastoid surgery
- Myringoplasty (repair of perforated ear drum)
- Pinnaplasty / Otoplasty (correction of prominent ears)
We can operate on children aged from 12 months at Benenden Hospital.
Private patient referrals
Please ring Mrs Fairley on 01233 642244 to discuss your case. We suggest you ask your GP if you would like to be referred, preferably by fax on 01233 662840. Most of our patients come by recommendation from General Practitioners. We can usually pre-book your appointment before the referral is received. We can also give you an email address over the telephone, we prefer not to publish this on the site.
This website aims to provide high quality information on ENT medical subjects, and detailed information on our private practice, including our professional credentials, philosophy and principles, scope of practice, fee structure and how to access our services. The intended audience for this website includes
- Our patients - past, present and future
- Parents and carers of our patients
- Our professional colleagues - medical, nursing and allied disciplines, and students
- Anyone interested in ENT medical conditions
Medical information on this site is designed to enhance and complement, not to replace, advice from a qualified medical practitioner. There is no substitute for an individual consultation.
This page last updated 26 September 2013