Fees for Private Patients in Kent ENT Clinics
This page last updated 13 January, 2020
Costs of Consultations and ENT Specialist Out-Patient Procedures
Value for money? See what other patients thought at iWantGreatCare (Opens independent patient feedback site, Ratings & Reviews – like TripAdvisor for doctors)
Not sure what you need and how much it will cost? Call 01233 642244
Private Patient Fees
|New Patient Consultation – Kent ENT Clinics||£250|
|New Patient Consultation – Harley Street ENT Clinic||£250|
|Follow Up Consultation – Kent ENT Clinics||£160|
|Follow Up Consultation – Harley Street ENT Clinic||£160|
Out-patient ENT Specialist Procedure Fees
Please note that:
|Microsuction of Ear – Specialist’s fee (in addition to consultation fee, does not include hospital charge)||£91|
|Rigid Nasal Endoscopy – Specialist’s fee (in addition to consultation fee, does not include hospital charge)||£100|
|Flexible Fibreoptic Nasolaryngoscopy – Specialist’s fee (in addition to consultation fee, does not include hospital charge)||£187|
Important note: Specialist Fees & Out-Patient Procedure Charges
For Out-Patient Procedures you will receive Two Bills – one from us, and one from the Hospital.
Audiology Hearing Tests
|Pure Tone Audiogram||£80 – 110 (depending on hospital clinic)|
|Impedance / Tympanogram||£63 – 70 (depending on hospital clinic)|
|We bill to rates that are accepted by most Medical Insurance Companies.||poa|
For Self Paying Patients
- Consultant fees are only part of the cost of private medical treatment
- You may also receive hospital bills
- There may be further bills for scans, blood tests and private prescriptions
- We will do our best to estimate the total cost of your first appointment in advance
- You can swap between private and NHS treatment at any time, subject to your GP referring you back into the NHS system
- For in-patient and day-case surgical operations, ask about our fixed price quotes
For insured patients
- Please check what your policy covers
- Any exclusions or financial limits?
- Will you have to pay an excess?
- Private prescription drugs are not usually covered on insurance policies
- Even though most medical insurance companies settle accounts directly on your behalf, payment remains your personal responsibility
- Please bring your claim form or pre-authorisation number with you
- We can help you fill in your claim form
- Patients who are eligible for NHS treatment can swap between private and NHS treatment at any time, subject to GP referring back into the NHS system
Enquiries and payments
All accounts enquiries and payments should be directed to our ENT Kent Partnership Office at
71 Mill Court, Ashford, Kent TN24 8DN
tel. 01233 642244
Responsibility for payment
Please remember that, as a private patient, payment is your personal responsibility, although many medical insurance companies will settle the account directly on your behalf.
When is payment due?
The balance of your account, less any deposit, is payable immediately after your consultation.
- BACS – online bank transfers
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards
We no longer accept American Express.
Payment by telephone
You can pay with your debit card over the phone, 01233 642244
Our bank details for transfer will appear on your invoice. If you choose to use BACS or online transfer, please keep us advised as it is not always clear where incoming payments have come from.
Private Medical Insurance Claims for direct settlement
- A signed insurance claim form, or confirmed pre-authorisation number, is essential if you want your medical insurance company to pay us directly
- If you do not receive your claim form from the insurance company until after your consultation, please sign it and send it on to 71 Mill Court without delay
- Other bills from hospitals, anaesthetists, radiologists, pathologists etc may arrive before or after ours
- If your insurance claim is already in progress, please send any further invoices you receive to your insurance company, quoting your policy and claim reference numbers
Bad debt policy
We provide an excellent and efficient service and it is rare that any of our patients default on paying their accounts. For the tiny minority who avail themselves of our time and expertise but do not pay their bills, our policy is to send two reminders, then pursue the debt through the small claims court
Fixed Price Scheme
The total cost of an operation is made up of three main parts:
|Possible Further Bills – unusual pathology etc||????|
You can pay as you go, settle all these accounts separately, and deal with any extra bills as and when they occur. But for self-funding patients undergoing surgical operations at KIMS, Spencer and Chaucer hospitals we recommend their fixed price schemes. These offer a single all-in charge
- Hospital charges, surgeon fees and anaesthetist fees included
- In-patient and day-case operations covered
- First follow-up consultation included
- Price is fixed and payable in advance
Please phone 01233 642244 and ask Mrs Fairley to arrange a fixed price quotation.
Still Not sure what you need and how much it will cost? Call 01233 642244